- It’s always my right arm and hand. Never my left.
- It happens on all my bikes — mountain and road.
- I am an American citizen.
- My right arm is the one that has been dislocated several times.
- I have a zigzag scar (it’s very Harry Potter-ish, except it’s not on my forehead, alas) on the palm side of my right wrist where I had a ganglion cyst removed (it came back almost immediately — most useless surgery ever).
- I have what I am told is a remarkably annoying habit of popping all my knuckles and many parts of me most people aren’t even aware can be popped (my sternum, for example). But that’s not exactly unique to my right side, is it?
- I am right handed. Really, really right handed. Sometimes I’ll look in the mirror and be startled to find I have a left hand. That’s how rarely I use it. Except when I type. My right hand and left are pretty equal partners when I type. Except I always use my right thumb to hit the space bar. You know, I’ve never noticed it before, but my left thumb does absolutely nothing when I type. Ever. It just sits there, poking into the air. I don’t even know why I keep the stupid thing around.
- I also just noticed that when I think about what my fingers are doing as I type that I suddenly become a very awkward typist.
I await your answer. Anxiously. Also, I’m curious whether this happens to anyone else, or if I’m extra-special in this way.