Around 3am this morning, Susan woke me and told me to get her a bowl — her stomach felt weird.
Around 4, she started throwing up. By 4:15 I had changed the bowl three times.
I have a few observations to make after this event:
- Evidently the new medication Susan started last night has some unfortunate side effects. The truth is, with the volume and variety of medication Susan is on right now, it’s amazing that she hasn’t mutated into a lizard-person.
- I would really like whoever is in charge of everything to note that Susan has put up with enough for a while, and she could really stand to be given a break.
- I could use a break, too. I am a whole new kind of exhausted.
- Even bedridden, even with a broken collarbone, even sick as can be, Susan was still apologizing to me the whole time this was going on. That’s who she is.
- Susan was an excellent shot and I hardly had to do any cleanup at all. I’m really glad of that; I have no idea of how I would have cleaned her up in her current state. Yeah, I know: necessity is the mother of invention. But at 4am, it’s also the mother of breakdowns.