I have many admirable qualities. I have a twinkle in my eye, for example, and a ready smile. I have a firm handshake and can be relied upon to repay loans to friends.
Furthermore, I keep my hair neatly trimmed, chew with my mouth closed, and shower every single day.
I guess you could say that I am very nearly a perfect man.
However, in the midst of my nearly innumerable strong points is one — yes, only one! — failing: I need positive reinforcement.
No, “need” is too weak a word. I require it. Demand it. Crave it. Dream about it.
Which means, from time to time, I’m going to ask you to go vote for me for some award or another. It’s just part of who I am. A tiny imperfection in what would be — I think you’ll agree — an otherwise perfect specimen of a man.
But right now I am not going to ask you to vote for me. No. Because right now it’s Bloggie nomination time, and so I am begging you to go nominate me.
Asking for a vote is much different than begging for a nomination, you see.
Here’s what I would like you to do. It’s a pain, so you may actually need to follow the steps here:
- Go to http://2010.bloggies.com/ .
- Nominate me and a couple of other blogs. The award I’m really gunning for is best sports blog, though I wouldn’t complain if you nominated me for other categories, too. Because I’m shameless. Anyway, you have to nominate at least three different blogs, so here are some suggestions of who to nominate and for what:
- best sports weblog: Fat Cyclist — http://www.fatcyclist.com
- best-kept secret weblog: dug — http://suncrestdug.wordpress.com/
- best food weblog: The Pioneer Woman Cooks! — http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/
- most humorous weblog: Bike Snob NYC — http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/
- best photography of a weblog: Up in Alaska — http://arcticglass.blogspot.com/
- best new weblog: Lest We Forgive Project — http://lestweforgiveproject.com/
- best writing of a weblog: Pistols and Popcorn — http://wp.pistolsandpopcorn.com/
- Scroll all the way to the right side of the page.
- Enter the obscured “captcha” words.
- Check the box that says you wouldn’t mind being on the panel of voters who chooses the finalists.
- Enter your email address. It’s important you don’t enter a bogus one, because you’ll have to verify your vote by email.
- Click the “Submit Your Nominations” button.
- Go to your email inbox. Within a minute, there should be a mail from “Weblog Awards” with the subject “Tenth Annual Weblog Awards vote verification.” If there isn’t, check your spam folder.
- Click the URL in the email to verify your vote.
Please Hurry. I’m (Still) Begging You
The nomination period for this award ends this Tuesday. Now, I don’t know if that means it ends right at the beginning or at the end of Tuesday. Regardless, there isn’t much time.
So please facilitate my personality defect and go vote for me now.
Consider this: if I win the “Best Sports Blog” category here, it’ll be my third time, and I won’t be eligible to win it again after that. Which means I’ll leave you alone.
That right there is enough of a reason to go nominate me right now, if you ask me.