I’m in Cocoa Beach, FL all this week. So far, I have not actually been to the beach part of Cocoa Beach, because I’m working. More to the point, I’m in a conference room from early ’til late in the day. So I’m in the kind of weird position of being enviable (I’m at Cocoa Beach!) and pitiable (I may as well be in Iowa!) at the same time.
I tell you this because I am absolutely convinced that you are very interested in every single aspect of my life.
Anyway, until now I haven’t had time to upload the interview I did with Phil Liggett. And now I’ve just spent a ton of time doing the following:
- Learning enough about Audacity to edit out the leading and trailing stuff of the interview.
- Trying to get the crappy internet connection in my room to work.
- Uploading the MP3 file.
- Finding out that I am apparently technologically inept and don’t know how to set up an embedded MP3 control in a blog post.
- Researching how to embed a playable MP3 in a blog post.
- Giving up when what I tried doesn’t work.
- Deciding that I’ll just cheat and turn the interview into a “video” consisting of a single still photo and the audio from the interview, and then uploading it to Vimeo, because I do know how to embed video in my blog.
- Uploading the “video”
- Feeling a little bit foolish about how much time and effort I have spent on making this interview available, considering that I don’t feel like I did a very good job with the interview and that I kind of blew a big opportunity.
- Writing this tenth step just for the sake of having there be a nice even number of steps.
And now, at long last, here’s the interview.