Hi there! I’m sitting in an airport right now, about to fly out to Portland. And it occurs to me that — fool that I am — I have not posted winners from week 2 of the challenge, nor reminded people that it’s time to do your week 3 weigh in.
I have reasons, and I’ll give you a hint of what they are:
- My day job
- My family
- My book projects (yes, plural)
- Spring weather that makes me want to ride instead of write or blog or otherwise be near a computer when I don’t absolutely have to be.
I suspect that most of you sympathize with the first four bullet points above, as well as secretly suspect that the final bullet point is the real reason.
And you’re probably right.
Anyway, those of you in the challenge who haven’t yet checked in with your weight, go to this page to do so.
Very Interesting Statistics
Here are some interesting things we’ve learned from last week’s weigh-in:
- Women continue to dominate the challenge! With an average weight loss of 0.99% (as opposed to the men’s average of 0.72%), women are demonstrating that the old adage that men lose weight more easily than women may be true, but that easy doesn’t matter over the long haul — being self-disciplined matters. And the women are beating the men handily in the self-discipline department. Nice work, ladies!
- Midwest is best: This week, the Midwest US jumped to the top of the leader board, with an average of 1.18% weight lost. Last week’s leader — outside the US — dropped to fourth place this week, at 0.75%.
- Why Tri: The bonus question this week was “What’s your favorite kind of riding,” and I’m horribly embarrassed to say that triathletes won, with 2.5% weight lost. And that’s all I have to say about that.
- Ku-Ku-Kukui: Monster congratulations to Kukui, who lost an astonishing 4.08% last week and is therefore the winner of the box o’ Honey Stingers!
- Tommysmo is luckily random: The random number I drew this week is 26, which is the number associated with Tommysmo (who lost a very respectable 2 pounds, by the way). Tommysmo will get a gift certificate to Twin Six — which will come in handy for maybe buying a t-shirt a size smaller than what you’re used to, eh Tommysmo?
Honestly, I have no idea what it’s going to be like to be on the set of Leverage. Maybe it’ll be totally cool for me to take and post pictures throughout the day, in which case that’s exactly what I’ll do. If not, expect a recap on Tuesday or so.
Honestly, I’m pretty nervous for tomorrow. Wish me gluck.