Last night I also got a good night’s sleep — the first I’ve had in about four days. I swear, I can deal with just about any amount of stress if I’ve got a reasonable level of sleep.
And if I’ve had a good night’s sleep and a good burrito for lunch, I’m basically invincible. Increasingly fat, but invincible.
There are a lot of factors behind this change, but I’m just going to list the ones that are Fat Cyclist-relevant:
- El Azteca: There is nothing in the world quite like their Chicken Chipotle burrito.
- Tibble Fork: I missed riding it last year. I don’t want to go another year without riding that incredible, painful trail at least once a week.
- Lone Star Taqueria: Best fish tacos I’ve ever had.
- The Alpine Loop: The most beautiful, punishing ride you can do in 2:08 (on a really good day).
- Mi Ranchito: Stay simple at this place: Chicken enchiladas.
- Hog Hollow, Frank, Squaw Peak / Hope Campground, South Fork, Grove Canyon, Joy, Mud Springs, etc. Is there a better place in the world to live and ride than in Utah County, Utah? Well, maybe one could make an argument for Grand Junction, CO. Maybe there are other places. But I miss riding my home trails.
- The Core Team: It’ll be great to ride with Dug, Brad, Rick, and Kenny again. All I’ve got to do is get Bob to come back to UT and get Rocky to move to UT and the core team will be complete. Maybe I can get Nick to move to UT too.
- Moab: It’s a three hour drive away.
- Gooseberry: Really, no one state has any business having this much great mountain biking, but there you go.
- Botched: OK, I’ll be honest. This is the real reason I’m coming back. I want to ride with Botched.
One to Go.
So now we get to start selling the house, looking for a house, and convincing the kids how much fun it will be to leave all their friends and one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the world.
And then there’s one other thing — maybe — which I’ll find more about sometime soon.
Tomorrow I Will Be Funny.
No, really. I will. I’ll be hilarious.