UPDATE: The 100 Miles of Nowhere is now SOLD OUT. Big thanks to all those who registered!
A Note from Fatty: If you don’t know what the 100 Miles of Nowhere is, you can get at least some kind of idea in this recent post.
I love the 100 Miles of Nowhere. I love what it accomplishes. I love what it represents. I love receiving and publishing your stories. I love actually coming up with a plan for where I will race myself.
And I love registration day for the race — knowing that there are a bunch of you who are as excited for it as I am.
So I’m happy to say that, as of this moment, registration is open.
Over the past few posts, I’ve revealed a number of what registered racers in the 100 Miles of Nowhere will receive as part of their Swag Box, and in this post I’ll reveal the rest.
But I know that at least some of you would like to just get the links to go register, so here you go: Men: Click here to register Women: Click here to register
Note: The only difference between the men’s and women’s registration pages is in the t-shirt sizing.
More Swag in The Swag Box
I’m not the kind of person you’d want organizing a big event. I’m not good at it, and I am a horrible procrastinator.
And so the fact that the number and quality of cool things in the Swag Box pretty much kicks most races’ butts tells you something. I’m not sure what, but something.
When I wrote my reaction to Levi Leipheimer’s admission of doping in the context of watching The Levi Effect, it triggered an incredibly interesting and thoughtful conversation, not too dissimilar from the conversation friends and I had when watching the video ourselves.
Now, as part of your 100 Miles of Nowhere Swag Box, you’ll get a coupon with a code to stream down and watch The Levi Effect yourself, whether as something to do as you pedal for 100 miles on your trainer, or for something to watch with your friends and / or family.
Either way, don’t be surprised if you find yourself having some pretty involved conversations yourself after watching this.
I always have a few Action Wipes stowed in my Bikemobile’s glove compartment. And a few in my bike clothes duffel bag. And one in my Camelbak. By always having something I can clean myself up with nearby, I am repulsive to those around me in one less way. And that’s a good thing.
The fact is, Action Wipes are big, soft, wet towels that are big and strong and nice (but not perfume-y) smelling. Using just one, you can go from having that stinky post-ride funk to being downright presentable and ready to be in public places, in a matter of a minute.
You’ll be getting one Action Wipes pack as part of your 100 Miles of Nowhere Swag Box. For reasons I believe to be obvious.
A Race Plate
It’s not a race if there’s no race plate, right? You’ve got to have something to commemorate your moment (your very, very long moment) of insanity, right? Well, the good folks at Bike Monkey have got you covered. You’ll be getting a race plate big enough to ensure that all and sundry will be aware that you are racing as you ride around the city park 180 times.
So Let’s Recap Everything You’re Getting, Shall We?
The 100 Miles of Nowhere – the Race Without a Place – is the signature fatcyclist.com annual fundraiser, with proceeds going to benefit Camp Kesem, giving children of parents with cancer a week of fun at no cost to their families.
You’ll be racing on June 1, or some day soonish before that day. Or after that day.
And you’ll be getting a whole bunch of good stuff in your Box of Swag, including:
- The 100 Miles of Nowhere Event T-Shirt: Designed by Twin Six, this is destined to be your favorite t-shirt of all time.
- Action Wipes: 1 moist towel, perfect for cleaning up after a ride – when you’ve got to get back to work, but don’t have time to hit the showers.
- HoneyStinger: The best-tasting energy food in the world. You’ll get both a Lemon Waffle, and a Blueberry Buzz Energy Bar.
- DZ Nuts: Sample packs of DZ Nuts (for the guys) and DZ Bliss chamois cream. One for you, one to share. Because a chafed butt sucks.
- The Levi Effect: A free streamed viewing of The Levi Effect documentary.
- Specialized HydroFlo bottle: This is not a cheap, throw-away event bottle. This is a totally premium, no plastic taste, clear, beautiful bottle.
- Banjo Brothers: Will you get a Jersey Pocket Cycling Wallet? A Top Tube Bag? Or a Seat Bag? All three are things you’d want, and you’re going to get one of them.
- CarboRocket 333: A single-serving of the best energy drink in the world.
- Singletrack High: A free streamed viewing of the moving and inspiring documentary, Singletrack High.
- A Race Plate: Hey, you can’t race if you don’t have a race plate, right?
Because these are all really nice items and the sponsors couldn’t very well give us an unlimited number of them, the 100 Miles of Nowhere is strictly limited to 500 registrations. Historically, it sells out in less than a day. So sign up now, or miss out later.
And Where Do You Register, Once Again? Once again, for your convenience, the links to go register: Men: Click here to register Women: Click here to register
Good luck, and thank you for being a part of the 100 Miles of Nowhere!