Kenny Jones is an incredibly strong cyclist, and a very good friend of mine. And yet, for some reason, I tease him more often — like, by an order of magnitude — than any other single person in the world. Except for maybe Lance.
Like when Kenny hit an oily patch on a fast road downhill and crashed hard. Instead of sympathy, I titled the post, “Kenny Uses His Head…As a Brake.“
Or there was the time when Kenny allowed himself to be the subject of a Photoshopping contest.
Or there was the post about how, one time, he looked for me everywhere in the world except for where he said he’d meet me.
And there was the post where I disclosed that Kenny is a tiny, tiny man, only half as tall as (an admittedly enormous) Jill Homer.
And in short, Kenny’s a good guy who has endured an awful lot by being my friend.
But now’s my chance to do something that’s actually nice for him. And I’d like you to help me out.
Help Kenny Gain Entry into the 24 Hours of Old Pueblo
Kenny’s the owner of a small business — Kenny’s Photo. Christmastime’s a very busy time for him, and the deadline for registering for the 24 Hours of Old Pueblo came and went while Kenny was hard at work.
Kenny’s bummed, cuz he really, really wants to do this race.
Luckily, the Epic Rides guys have created a bonus entry for a team, with a contest. Whoever gets the most “likes” for their comment on a particular note in the Epic Rides facebook page gets to register.
So here’s what you’ve got to do.
- Go to the Epic Rides page on Facebook. (You’ve got to be signed in to Facebook to get there.)
- Click the “Like” button for Epic Rides at the top of the page. It looks like this:
- Click here to go to the page where Kenny’s got his comment.
- Find Kenny’s comment and click the “Like” link.
- Yay! You’ve done your part to help Kenny go do a race!
Thanks for helping me reduce the bad karma I’ve incurred by teasing Kenny just a little bit mercilessly for the past several years.
It’s Bloggies Time. Nominate Some People I Like
Hey, as long as I’m asking you to go out and help me rig votes, could I get you to help me get some well-deserved attention to some of my favorite blogs? Cuz it’s Bloggies time, that’s why.
Unlike prior years, I’m not going to ask you to nominate me for anything, because you’ve already delivered the “Sports” category to me for the past three years, making me the Hall-of-Famer I am.
Instead, I’d like you to help nominate other blogs who have been real Friends of Fatty. So, here’s what you’ve got to do.
- Go to http://2011.bloggi.es/.
- Scroll down and nominate the following blogs in the following categories (and nominate anyone else for any other categories you want, but you need to do at least 3 nominations):
- Best Sports Weblog, Most Humorous Weblog: Bike Snob NYC (http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/)
- Best Photography of a Weblog, Best Writing of a Weblog: Jill Outside (http://arcticglass.blogspot.com/)
- Best-Kept Secret Weblog: Dug (http://suncrestdug.wordpress.com/)
- Best Parenting Weblog: Pistols and Popcorn (http://www.pistolsandpopcorn.com/)
- Best Food Weblog: The Pioneer Woman Cooks (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/)
- Do that weird Captcha thing at the bottom of the page.
- Select the checkbox saying you do in fact want to be on the panel of voters who choose the finalists.
- Enter your email address.
- Submit your nomination.
- Go to your email and click the link in it to verify your ballot.
Thank you. Thankyouverymuch.