I find it really startling that I am not the only one around who tends to put weight on in the winter. And I find it equally astonishing that I am not the only one who needs some kind of external motivation.
So, it seems that we’re going back to the beginning: back to the original reason I started this blog. But this time I’m taking you with me.
I’m starting work, right now, on some kind of contest that we can use to do the following:
- lose weight
- motivate each other
- win prizes
- trash talk
But setting that infrastructure and the rules up is going to take some work, and it’s not ready. So, meanwhile, you can help me shape this contest by answering the questions I’m trying to answer myself:
- How would you like the competition matchup to work?
- How should we set up who competes against whom?
- Each person competing, individually, against me
- Each person competing against one other person each week
- Two teams competing against each other
- Some other interesting way
- Should the contest go for a certain period of time or until you reach your goal weight, or something else?
- There will be an entry fee. Specifically, to be in the competition you’ll have to make a donation to my Boston Marathon LiveStrong account. I’m thinking $50. Are you cool with that or would that be too much?
- Also, to play, you’ll need to put up a prize to go in the prize pool. I’m trying to decide whether that should be money or some cool item you will provide. Money’s easier, stuff is more fun. Got a strong opinion on this?
- Got any other ideas on how this game ought to be played?
- Would you be more interested in playing if there were a t-shirt and / or other swag?
For those of you who haven’t been with the blog too long, this is not the first time I’ve done a big group weight loss challenge. Check out the B7 Challenge from 2006 to get an idea of what this might (or might not) be like.
Even if you don’t have strong opinions on the 6 questions above, leave a comment if you’re interested in participating, to give me an idea of the scope of this project.